Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Anatomy pics of Frackquake Aug 13 2017 Snyder TX
- Remorseful Robert Rivera in Approving Urban Drilling in Arlington Gasland TX
- $11 million cost revealed with new Arlington TX Rangers Stadium
- Deep Direct Use Geothermal SMU successful pilot project derailed w/low NG prices now LNG exports can nail it up
- Misleading viral video on PH in bottled water brands
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- deep direct use
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: TCEQ
Here are some select cut & paste items I found to be of interest that I boldfaced for emphasis, made comments in (non-italics parentheses), or added links in this Joint Groundwater Monitoring and Contamination Report–2016 https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/pubs/sfr/056-16.pdf “Documented in this report … Continue reading
Thru August of 2016… https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/agendas/comm/backup/Agendas/2016/10-19-2016/1639MIS.pdf Thru April of 2017… https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/agendas/comm/backup/Agendas/2017/06-07-2017/0626MIS.pdf Docket detail for NEXT TCEQ meeting….. https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/agendas/comm/current/2017/170607.pdf …my love letter as usual…. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: “info@SLOVACEK.com” <info@SLOVACEK.com>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>; “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Brett Shipp … Continue reading
I see a loophole NOT yet exercised in transporting this waste currently being exempted from being called “hazardous” which may NOT be EXEMPT if exceeding the USdot thresholds for TENORM. This is where I am gifting you (Arlington Mayor and … Continue reading
TX wastewater spills under 1,000 gl get to wait to be reported to TCEQ by 20th day of following month
In June I blogged about this..here are the TCEQ conditions for “monthly reporting of wastewater spills” instead of bothering the state or the operator with immediate reporting… the spill volume is 1,000 gallons or less; it is not associated with … Continue reading
update read here about illnesses in this area. ——end update———– About fifty miles southeast of San Antonio is a town in Karnes county called Kenedy and their municipality has to pay almost $19,000 in TCEQ water related fines for not abiding … Continue reading
The Truman Chesapeake drill site by ATT Stadium has a TCEQ registration (2013 PBR #106536) that has estimated emissions as found on the TCEQ Novell system. Note their eleven storage tanks. Per PIR emails two lift compressors were added, one … Continue reading
I dislike how The Dallas Morning News reporter ended the positive news of Dallas City Council urging TCEQ to support clean air federal initatives on such a somber note. Reporter Mosier ended quoting nurse councilwoman Gates,“…tougher regulations could drive up energy costs …This … Continue reading
Texas RRC Statewide Rule 14 provides (see state law and video here) for the plugging of abandoned wells in certain cases (like if the driller cannot afford to do so). BUT WAIT!…This June 19 2016 article says the states don’t have … Continue reading
Ozone is a corrosive gas….we are breathing it. It destroys our buildings, crops, & lungs…any fracking questions? Purple Ozone Alert-very unhealthy…everyone may experience more serious health effects update 6/8/16 the HOUSE passes* HR4775 for regulatory relief against the pains of implimenting … Continue reading