Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- impact investing
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: telegram
This was a Star Telegram comment by Rosemary Wong near my zip code back in 2011. The link no longer works, and on TAD records I cannot find an owner by that name on Trent St in Arlington (she has … Continue reading
June 2014 Barnett Shale DFW municipal update… ALSO READ…. Jan 2014 update… Dec 2013 UPDATE>>>>more stuff to filter out of yer tap ya’ll… New report: Unregulated contaminants common in drinking water…“Traces of 18 unregulated chemicals were found in drinking water … Continue reading
This data base is under construction (Work In Progress) and not complete…I have bold faced for emphasis. update: LABC emission event(s) April 2015 I count (and will detail when I get time-gotta prepare for ice storm-but it is all written … Continue reading
Update to include a 1966 study of this interdependency fossil fuel FLAW. ——– Update with bold face for emphasis 3/31/2014 http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2014/03/energy-news-ferc-proposes-reforms-to-improve-gas-electric-coordination.html?cmpid=EnlDailyPetroApril12014 “This past winter has highlighted the critical and growing interdependence of natural gas pipelines and electricity markets,” Acting Chairman Cheryl … Continue reading
3/2016 Update make that NINE worker deaths as mentioned here end update ——– Oct 2014 eenews UPDATE “An EnergyWire investigation identified the cases of the four men — Bergsing, Buckles, Blaine Otto and Trent Vigus — from OSHA databases. EnergyWire then … Continue reading
Above video is footage from the Feb 4, 2013 protest and features FLIR footage from Lake Arlington’s invisible emissions from storage tanks. On 2/5/2013 Arlington City Council approved all three gas well agenda items that trigger the rest of the wells … Continue reading
Arlington Fire Dept Bears the weight of neighborhing town’s spewing gas wells. Just got off the phone with TCEQ who is opening an investigation to an emission event last Sunday that no one else reported except the Star Telegram. If … Continue reading
UPDATE Here is am April 2015 Caddo Parish Louisiana blowout story!!! http://www.ksla.com/story/28702561/well-blowout-shuts-down-portion-of-highway-1-in-caddo-parish Here is a frack pump blow out in Converse LA video… BTW here is a snap shot of Converse’s water line distance to a drill site-nasty! (Arlington had … Continue reading
Here are excepts from the original news report….(MY COMMENTS INTERJECTED WITH PARENTHESIS) Release at Mansfield natural gas drilling site investigated (by Rusty Ward = fail) MANSFIELD — The unexpected venting of natural gas at a Carrizo Oil & … Continue reading