Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Drinking Water HDPE Piping not Benzene Resistant use larger diameter or composite in our MSD & Urban Drilling Arlington TX town
- Arlington TX Top 4 WORST Tap Drinking Water Score in US…by Calif safe-from-cancer-standards
- Sugarcoating THIS as planned flaring….
- Why Barnett Shale URBAN Drilling is ba a c c k
- Parker County Grass Fire Evacuations Caused by Old School Power Line Whipping in da Wind
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: texas
Arlington TX allows MSD’s to forever forgive clean up of known groundwater and soil contamination (like where the old gasoline stations used to be). MSD is a Municipal Setting Designation where our Good Arlington TX Council People vote to forever … Continue reading
Jim Schermbeck wrote October 13 at 11:29am · “Great, great news today. On the heels of announcing the retirement of the old lignite-burning Monticello plant, TXU/Vistra is also retiring its largest lignite-burning Flagship plant – Big Brown – and its … Continue reading
In defense of Arlington Fire Fighter’s benefits at risk due to Civil Service status for promotions, we stood in protest. Some had posters against Councilman Charlie Parker’s strong views against our hard working fireman being in Civil Service protection, so … Continue reading
“Terminate or resign” wass the choice given to our Texas Lead Commissioner of Operations, Veteran Oil and Gas Executive, Kimberly Corley by one of three (two were unaware)…more info here, https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/10/06/texas-railroad-commission-chairman-fire-possible-violations-state-law/amp/. You must read my love letter to our Arlington water … Continue reading
Oklahoma’s eight counties represented over one third of the 23 counties with over 50 EPA drinking water violations studied from the last 36 years (starting in late 1980 ending through July 3 in 2017) per the US 24/7 Wall St. report. http://247wallst.com/special-report/2017/08/29/counties-with-the-most-contaminated-water/2/. … Continue reading
Here are some select cut & paste items I found to be of interest that I boldfaced for emphasis, made comments in (non-italics parentheses), or added links in this Joint Groundwater Monitoring and Contamination Report–2016 https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/pubs/sfr/056-16.pdf “Documented in this report … Continue reading
Interested in boil notices, broken mains, water restrictions due to drought, etc? This is what you’ve missed so far…… ArlingtonWaterAlerts @awu_alerts May 24 Road closure @Arbrook and 360. Valve repair so please be patient while water crews work. awu# @ArlingtonWater … Continue reading
Token time! Attend Legal Draft Beer grand opening this Saturday 10% proceeds benefit Arlington Police Foundation
Bar/Breweries are opening up in walking distance from my home in Downtown Arlington! Legal Draft is having their grand opening packages at 500 E Division St, Arlington, Texas 76011 and 10% of the proceeds goes to Arlington Police Foundation! July 23 12 … Continue reading
BizJournal.com reports that “Many of these energy companies amassed large amounts of debt during the shale boom to rapidly grow their businesses and now face significant challenges in today’s climate of low oil prices” and that Texas accounts for 52% of … Continue reading