Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: urban drilling
Water consumers have different thresholds for odors and taste and the ©2015 Water Research Foundation report has broken down effulents in water as it relates to guidelines and sensory properties. I boldfaced items and went straight to the fracking risk related … Continue reading
“Ivan Dubrasky’s shadow is cast on his Pulaski Township home from a flare a little over 500 feet away. A reflection of that flare can be seen in the window”. How fracking ironic that this family can save on their … Continue reading
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
update 3/9/16 In this video coverage, days leading up to his death that the company that he borrowed from (Energy Minerals Group) all but cut ties with him leaving the future of American Energy Partners in question and that his … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Jim Parajon <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com>; “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Cc: Jeff Matthews <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Trey Yelverton <email@example.com>; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Charlie Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Jimmy Bennett <email@example.com>; Michael Glaspie <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sheri Capehart … Continue reading
In our Lake Arlington 2011 Water Protection Plan, we looked at a drill site’s “load” using Denton TX’s water study info to understand how much that would add to our drinking water risk near our aquifer, Lake Arlington. Ref pg … Continue reading
The Denton Record Chronicle had a guest news article touting how much money has gone to help children at for example Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas…… Jerry Simmons: HB 40 helps industry help communities that is worthy of a blog shout … Continue reading
The TCEQ Truman (drillsite by ATT Stadium) Chesapeake PBR 2013 estimated emissions as found on the TCEQ Novell system. Note their eleven storage tanks. Per PIR emails two lift compressors were added, one on 12/3/14 and the other on on 5/22/15 … Continue reading
One of my neighbors I just met down the street this morning recounted her Lake Arlington Baptist Church Vantage drill site April 2015 loss of well control event experience in getting caught up in the emergency response efforts…..listen!
Here is my “Dear Dr Navarro letter” on Arlington’s JOB 1 failure to protect Tourism & Liveability in Arlington GASLAND Texass… —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:23 AM Subject: … Continue reading