Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Digging caused pipeline Gas Leak at UTA, zero tolerance needed w/these added risk factors….
- 2016 & part of 2017 TCEQ Violators Identified: see who sux at their jobs
- Radioactive Oil & Gas Piping Repurposed as a Fence Killed Black Rhino $22M
- #SaveLakeArlington What OSHA says about Produced Waters’ RADIOACTIVITY
- MSD 17-1 Brownfields Near Veridian NEVER 2 B Cleaned Up FYI email council TODAY!
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: wells
Microbes Resistant to Chlorine while Arlington Celebrates 10 yr Fracking Cash Cow = Water Change & Health Risk
Ten years already? The City of Arlington has a fracking slush fund to keep the citizens pacified while homeowner rights to live in an UNindustrialized neighborhood continues to be trampled. Council has a conflict of interest to approve the drill … Continue reading
Please email and/or call all members of the Texas Energy Resource Committee regarding the Texas Railroad Commission Sunset Bill HB1818 they will vote on Monday, March 6. Also call or email your local House representative. Ask them to strengthen HB1818 … Continue reading
Texas RRC Statewide Rule 14 provides (see state law and video here) for the plugging of abandoned wells in certain cases (like if the driller cannot afford to do so). BUT WAIT!…This June 19 2016 article says the states don’t have … Continue reading
Previously, STACK wells were conventional, vertical wells that went through different stacks of shale (pay zones). Today in the news is the STACK play in Oklahoma in the Meramec shale which stands for: Sooner Trend (oil field), Anadarko (basin), & counties, Canadian and Kingfisher. STACK … Continue reading
Regis the Feral cat says “don’t frack up our drinking water with reckless permit process”. West of the 98th meridian frackers in Texas can just treat and release those produced waters like a feral cat! Additionally, stripper wells are afforded … Continue reading
update here is a RRC website admit they use drilling waste for road base…lovely! My cliff note to readers in this blog is that before Barnett Shale operators switch from injecting produced water to disposal wells to discharging it into … Continue reading
Derailed TRAIN – Corsicana TX flooded I45 shut down – what about Class II injection wells for purposeful water flooding?
Before hurricane Patricia even went down in history for setting records, flooding was fixn’ our Texas drought. This morning I awoke to learn in Corsicana that I45 (south of Dallas) was shut down due to flooding. Then I saw where … Continue reading
“…the Groundwater Protection Council, a nonprofit made up of state water agencies, found orphaned wells caused about one in five incidences of recorded oil and gas groundwater contamination in Ohio and Texas. Plugging a well—removing equipment and filling holes with … Continue reading
The city of Arlington hosted a one sided, profracking discussion panel on “urban drilling” (fracking). Viewers of this video are invited to comment on how unsuccessful they made us feel that our health, well being, and property values were NOT … Continue reading