Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington N Korean Like Demands on Term Limits Lawsuit
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- ATF Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- Dr Cynthia Simmons Arlington FAIL 101
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- North Texas Commission
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: wet
“TCEQ spokesman Terry Clawson said arsenic levels typically found in Texas ‘do not pose an immediate health threat,”…this man should lose his job because inaction (to warning those of the longterm risk) has resulted in long term exposures. He … Continue reading
Feeling helpless or plain o’ pissed off at these pictures? Contact your MISD & AISD school board and these business owners to complain that they didn’t complain to their city leaders about sharing heavy industrial air space with schools, entertainment … Continue reading
Council, per a link http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-10/fracking-moratorium-urged-as-doctors-call-for-health-study.html, I am reporting to you about a recent health conference AND some information of the questionable future financial stability of Chesapeake so we can assist them with enacting a force majeure to preserve existing contracts that may … Continue reading
http://www.texassharon.com/2012/01/10/arlington-residents-grow-weary-of-life-in-the-barnett-shale-gas-patch/ Jim and Chesapeake, what ever happened to green completions and closed loop systems? Why aren’t they mandated in our new ordinance? Please explain what I am seeing here. Is this what I can expect for the Truman/Cowboy Stadium drill … Continue reading
Yesterday I was last minute Christmas shopping a few blocks south of this site “downwind” at Entertainmart and it smelled like hairspray outside. When I drove back, my heart was racing and so I called the TCEQ and asked them why … Continue reading
(at least wait to get to just before the 3 minute mark-speed up the video if you don’t have time to watch the full six minutes) I understand this finishing process happens everywhere that there is NOT a pipeline, separator … Continue reading
UPDATE click here for the Newest UTA video on gas wells There are the UTA invisible VOC’s that only an infrared camera can see. I live in Arlington TX and am downwind from the 22 gas wells on campus at UTA. All is … Continue reading
Today I filmed this video of the UT Arlington on campus gas well work over. The sound was a large diesel generator and any chemicals lofting from the white emissions is unknown…..by design. So after calling TCEQ to take a … Continue reading
I’m still smiling that the Arlington Compressor Station #2 at Forum and 360 may NOT break ground anytime soon if at all because economically, Midstream Summit is wanting the producers to contract with them in a way? that they don’t … Continue reading