Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: wind
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
CBSDFW reported that Google Facebook is opening up one of three planned data centers in Ft Worth that “will have its own wind-generating farm constructed in Clay County, near Wichita Falls.” Our governor took off his fossil fuel hat and squeezed out some statements … Continue reading
Seeking Alpha says…“According to the EIA, in the past ten years, consumption of natural gas has increased by 15%, most of which occurred in the past five years…..for the majority of wells (this year) neither oil or natural gas (prices) … Continue reading
update Austin’s #Affordable Energy Resolution rolled back BUT bldng NG power plant is at least 5 years away!
Update 2016 they pushed the idea back 5 years due to low energy pricing ————– SAD UPDATE Dec 2014…It looks like a gas plant could be in the works after all…but they tried sooo hard to show the economics of … Continue reading
TCEQ responded to my complaint I called in on November 23 2013. Their investigation #1145082 of the Woodland Estates West 12,14 & 16 H drill site also has four other investigative reports…1133201, 1134156, 1123979,& 1123976 of which if you click … Continue reading
A friend said he saw an interesting posting for some real estate out in the Tx Panhandle. The seller was going to retain 50% of Mineral Rights AND 50% of Wind Power Rights. Thinking of exerci$ing “your” Wind Power Right$? Heres a … Continue reading
Sometimes you get a glimpse behind the brown privacy screens of these drill sites and wonder, what kind of equipment or rig is that and what stage (types of pollution) of mining/natural gas production am I being exposed to? Well … Continue reading
Eventually market driven forces will force dinosaur fossil fools OUT OF THE ENERGY MARKET!!! Short story being that wind mills and solar panels have inital and some maintenance costs, but have no operating costs like the fossil fuel power plants … Continue reading
UPDATE July 5 2016 A few months ago an invention to gel perserve the wires makes for endless? recharging although this application is for lithium batteries but MAY be applicable to graphine/hemp supercapacitators? I may not be talking apples … Continue reading