Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Anatomy pics of Frackquake Aug 13 2017 Snyder TX
- Remorseful Robert Rivera in Approving Urban Drilling in Arlington Gasland TX
- $11 million cost revealed with new Arlington TX Rangers Stadium
- Deep Direct Use Geothermal SMU successful pilot project derailed w/low NG prices now LNG exports can nail it up
- Misleading viral video on PH in bottled water brands
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- deep direct use
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- water generator
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: lake
TRWD does not post info on FRACKING WATER RISKS, YET DECEASED TWRD attorney’s brother said HE WAS ACTIVE HELPING THEM drill on/near/under TRWD properties!Lake Arlington is prime example of fracking on/near/under drinking water sources… Now there is a fracker wanting … Continue reading
Contact Army Core of Engineers and insist they designate this (Quicksilver driller-now Bluestone Natural Resources) area of Village Creek/Lake Arlington as a flood zone and therefore NO injection well should be permitted AND the frack sites needs to be plugged … Continue reading
—– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Buzz Pishkur <Buzz.Pishkur@arlingtontx.gov> Cc: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>; Trey Yelverton <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Cynthia Simmons <email@example.com> Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 6:10 PM Subject: Re: When will the city send Ft Worth a notice … Continue reading
https://www.facebook.com/mareedem1/videos/749561411748652/ “Love… it is our home“…..must listen and share with a care to the physical home we have too….that one is kinda important if we want future homes for our family’s love. Here are the slides from Wilma Subra’s presentation … Continue reading
http://www.katc.com/story/29635571/reports-of-large-fire-in-lake-arthur KATC reported on Sunday, July 26 2015 “…Residents in the area say they were told by officers that an oil well caught fire following a lighting strike. The fire is across the Lake Arthur Bridge, in Vermilion Parish, on … Continue reading
UPDATE- Eyes on Drilling National Hotline has a report# 1111435 that has already been filed. —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Buzz Pishkur <email@example.com>; Darryl Westbrook <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Lana Wolff <email@example.com>; Robert Rivera <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Robert Shepard <email@example.com>; … Continue reading
At almost half the distance of 3,000 feet that the Army Corps of Engineers says gas wells should be drilled near dams, ours was fracked at 1,600 feet…..lovely. Read about Reed and Read on the Grand Prairie Joe Pool Lake dam fracking … Continue reading
4/2015 LABC uncontrolled well-was there room to drill URBAN relief well? 2012 warning not responded to either
January 3 2016 update…now that there is an uncontrolled gas leak in California getting national attention (since discovered on 10/23/15….relief well being drilled and could take months)…..I’d like to revisit the 2012 & 2015 UNANSWERED QUESTION to our city officials … Continue reading
The Texasfishingforum had many quotes that jumped out at me… 1) about the west side being a high crime area, 2) the fish kill of 2010 and 2011, and the comment that 3) “…all the fertilizers from the **rich people lawns … Continue reading