Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Nichols Junior High Dirty Socks & Barnett Shale Lack of Rocks
- Water – Energy NEXUS nixing “Proven Reserves” projections?
- Solvent 4 H2S Scavengers = Air Quality Risk-Switch to Alcohol Based Chemical Treatment
- HSFA = another reason to go OFF GRID on your municipal water supply
- ANSI/NSF 61-certified PVC for water delivery is not Benzene resistant
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- avner vengosh
- burkitt leukemia
- don jakeway
- enchanted lakes estates
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- maria carbajal
- michael mcCullough
- money grab
- no public review
- nueces electric
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- richard rainwater
- rule 36
- statewide rule 36
- Taylor ishee
- tony rutigliano
- water world
History of Hell
Tag Archives: Barnett
WFAA did a thorough story on Arlington’s Nichols Junior High illnesses associated with odors.. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/investigates/parents-teachers-demand-answers-as-arlington-schoolhouse-rocked-by-illnesses/395907519 Reporter, Jason Trahan, posted school memos and the HVAC evaluation on Scribd and all points to mold. This link supports the assessment of the Dirty Sock Syndrome, http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/forum/topics/dirty-sock-syndrome-in-high-efficiency-hvac-units. So mystery … Continue reading
Can’t get enough info on the North Texas History of FRACKING? Info is power and however shameful I find this info…it is important to garner it as we are into 35 years of the UNconventional process that took climate change … Continue reading
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
I blogged back in May of 2012 about the shrinking royalty checks to the point of negativity when you factor all the other bad aspects of urban drilling. I also had unanswered questions on if Chesapeake was choking back the wells during … Continue reading
Ah 2007 & 2010 …where the frack has my life gone since then? –no follow up on either-surprised?—- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiJ_zDvU9tU —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <email@example.com> To: Robert Rivera <Robert.Rivera@arlingtontx.gov> Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 4:33 PM Subject: … Continue reading
“TCEQ spokesman Terry Clawson said arsenic levels typically found in Texas ‘do not pose an immediate health threat,”…this man should lose his job because inaction (to warning those of the longterm risk) has resulted in long term exposures. He … Continue reading
CLIFF NOTES to this blog… “….in using the .01 tpy per well method, that 250 tons per year Barnett Shale wide Benzene leaks is dead on when backing into Arlington’s 1.4% Benzene contribution per the Truman Chesapeake padsite’s PBR of .01 … Continue reading
Gotcha Sleeping Pill called Radon ? Another reason to lose natural gas cooking & heating in Tarrant Toxic County
Dr Alisa Rich of Wolf Eagle Environmental once told me that the gas coming into our homes isn’t pure methane….something we should be concerned about. Removing your home OFF of natural gas appliances is a wise choice amid all the … Continue reading
“This makes me see that giving a pass, fail, or N/A answer to these questions on our CITY GASWELL INSPECTIONS is like “giving a visual inspection to a vagina to see if passes the sniff test for AIDS” based on Collin’s first response … Continue reading
Urban Drilling correlates w/almost TRIPLE TTHM in Arlington TX drink’n water + 2009 anomaly (spill ?)
– Total Trihalomethanes are the unwanted byproduct of disinfecting polluted water. TTHM has no federal guideline for a margin of safety in a MCLG. Maximum Contaminant Level Goal assures us that below a certain level there is no known or expected … Continue reading