Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Enron-like claim $3.6B NG utilities linked scheme drove consumer pricing up with falsely inflated scarcity
- Hurricane Harvey Hits Big Oil & Gas with #WhoPaysForHarvey BILLBOARDS SLAY
- Our taxes pay for this so…Email NCTCOG for CURRENT DFW Fracking Airshed Info
- Trump Appointing Climate Denier “CO2=Life” Humanities Scholar Kathleen Harnett White to White House Environmental Advisor
- Handley Fossil Plant at Lake Arlington next to close? nah! See maps of 3 coal plants closing in TX
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- city council
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: natural gas
On 9/25/17 I had CBSDFW channel 11 on and saw coverage on a recent Southern Methodist University study of earthquake risk. Here is the The Dallas Morning News coverage of the study too, https://www.dallasnews.com/news/science-medicine/2017/09/25/fault-produced-north-texas-largest-quake-produce-even-bigger-one-study-says. With the 8.1 and 6.1 magnitude in Mexico … Continue reading
Typically urban air holds .000007 mg mercury per cubic meter writes Nucon in selling their Mersorb Mercury absorbing product. Locations in South Texas have shown Mercury concentrations in NATURAL GAS ranging from 0.002 mg/m3 to over 4.5 mg/m3. “The Threshold Limit Values-Time Weighted … Continue reading
Borrowing from Equity Markets to Frack For Oil + Lack of Free Cash Flow = UNsustainable just for the US
update 8/2017 water use for fracking unsustainable too http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/As-the-oil-patch-demands-more-water-West-Texas-11724100.php end update This article, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4084591-new-darlings-wall-street-folly-oil-fracking-investing, reads….“Unlike the two previous US-made financial bubbles (dot-com and real estate), the ‘frackers bubble’ is having meaningful positive economic effects on the rest of the world, through … Continue reading
Our RRC commissioner, Ryan Sitton in the above photo, pointed out at a recent Earth Day speech in Dallas on injection wells that they “return that water back where it came from” suggesting in some imagined fashion of no harm done? The RRC … Continue reading
UPDATE 8/6/16 My council person, Charlie Parker responded on the issue… SAT 1:27PM The Council chose not to go that route and we have a 9 yr. contract with TXU for a little less than 3.9 cents per KWH … Continue reading
Water consumers have different thresholds for odors and taste and the ©2015 Water Research Foundation report has broken down effulents in water as it relates to guidelines and sensory properties. I boldfaced items and went straight to the fracking risk related … Continue reading
Poor AND live by a fracking site? The government has a Clean Energy Incentive Program for low income areas that they will be taking public comment on for you to provide input as to how much money should be in this … Continue reading
Catalytic converter emissions from my car (and my neighborhood frack site?) ARE NOT my neurotoxins of choice! Dr Falco says burning exhaust in a gasoline powered vehicle’s catalytic converter creates additional benzene. But does the same “added benzene” problem … Continue reading
DentonRecord-Chronicle reported on the 1/23/16 Saturday morning public meeting “Skeptics remain after power plan Q&A” for the plan to build TWO natural gas fired power plants in Denton TX. BACKGROUND: First Denton citizens voted to ban fracking, then HB40 came … Continue reading
update June 27 2015 in Oklahoma, New 9 captures on video an injection well’s storage tank blowing up almost killing some firemen….#NotGood4Neighborhoods June 17, 2015 at Indian Hills Golf Course in Ontario Jamie Reitknecht takes video too close to this … Continue reading