Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Urban Drilling The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- Short-Term Rentals & Urban Drilling = Arlington Nuisance Land Texas
- Plague Outbreak Coinciding with Bone Turning Ritual Parallels Human Quest to Self Exterminate Unearthing Fossil Fuels
- Recently acquired Baker Hughes at risk of GE disposal to focus on RENEWABLES!
- Enchilada Fire Pain in the Hess ….for Gulf Seafood Lovers
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: home
Last council meeting on June 28 2016, there was discussion of trying to collect hotel fees for those renting out their homes in our Entertainment District town ….https://www.airbnb.com/s/arlington–tx?af=414650&c=p2v2u_d_eng_102605_34615_P2sm_img_usa&alsm=1&af=&c=&gclid=CMjWzMPN0s0CFQYuaQodb3UOxA Some residents complained of loud parties and problematic parking in residential areas….I … Continue reading
https://www.facebook.com/mareedem1/videos/749561411748652/ “Love… it is our home“…..must listen and share with a care to the physical home we have too….that one is kinda important if we want future homes for our family’s love. Here are the slides from Wilma Subra’s presentation … Continue reading
In watching the 4/23/15 CSPAN hydraulic fracturing coverage of a stacked panel of frack loving witnesses, in defense of citizens concerned about Urban Drilling issues (45 minutes into the video) Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson said “last weekend (which would have … Continue reading
Thanks to Fish Creek Monitor for this video clip… Faithful Trail aerial view….the predominant winds come from the south/southeast and so this gigantic neighborhood is downwind to the storage tanks and any other leaks. In the winter, Benzene likes to … Continue reading
Jan 23 2016 UPDATE Dallas Morning New reported (third story on YAHOO News) about an XTO fault line map but strangely enough it doesn’t show what is said to be the largest fault line in the Barnett Shale and is … Continue reading
A Facebook post said… “Stop by an OPEN HOUSE this Sunday May 18th, 2-4pm $230,000 3302 Hunter Cove Dr. Arlington, TX 76001-6638 This lovely five bedroom home sits on a large lot in a beautiful neighborhood. It features a great … Continue reading
UPDATE!!!!! 1/29/15 FLIR Compressor Station recording near MISD Performing Arts very damning to the industry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ0fnd54us end update Eagle Ridge has just set up this flare (that black telescoping looking thing)…imagine when they haven’t used a flare in the past & … Continue reading
1/7/16 UPDATE did U know?…ATSDR says that Radon is used: to predict earthquakes, in the study of atmospheric transport, and in exploration for petroleum and uranium ….end update…. So is it logical to ponder that shale gas leaks can cause … Continue reading
UPDATE http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060007896 is the link for the Dustin Bersing story. Texas Sharon did a follow up post on the death/settlement of Dustin Bersing…when I looked up that music video I did of Dustin, I found this video above called “Flowback” U have … Continue reading