Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Arlington Resident’s $15 Mineral Tax Bill in Home Lien Status
- Up to 17% Methane Leak Rates Found Making NG worse than Coal by 80 Times!
- SAIS Researchers Find Frack Water Oversight Gaps….clap clap told ya!
- UTA Clear on the path to kill pathogens without chemicals
- Drinking Water HDPE Piping not Benzene Resistant use larger diameter or composite in our MSD & Urban Drilling Arlington TX town
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington 4th Worst Water Quality in US
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- Bioremediation with frack on crack-who'daTHUNK it?
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- Dead Animals Near Fracking
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- Drilling Rig Fires
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- First Failed Fracking EPA Report
- Flaring pics that are normal
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- HDPE issues with leaching Benzene
- Health Homeostasis
- Herbicide Use at Padsites
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methane Leaks Proven up to 17% video
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- Microbes & Bacteria Growing Resistance to Antibiotics & Chlorine
- Midstream Pipeline Compressor Station Ownership Changes
- Mineral Tax lien
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Pics of Arlington Pad Sites
- Pipeline Committments
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- Pregnancy Near Fracking
- produced water
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- THM and TTHM Erin Brockovich visits Plano TX
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: chamber
UPDATE here is part two of the WFAA coverage by Brett Shipp….http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/investigates/lessons-for-arlington-in-miami-roofed-stadium-financial-flop/254003428# I commented, “I have an idea – get Chesapeake to help the Rangers pay for OUR half…they owe us big time in property devaluations at these drill sites … Continue reading
…enjoy this awesome Arlington singing group…. Thanks for visiting BarnettShaleHell.wordpress.com for viewing this video of the National Anthem sung by the Martin High School Chamber Choir…now if you drink water in Arlington, please listen to this next video that I recorded … Continue reading
WE NEED YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT ATTAINING A SAFE SMOG STANDARD click here…. http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=EPA-HQ-OAR-2008-0699 At the Arlington hearing we had about 102 speakers in favor of the 60 ppb verses the 13 industry paid? including two Chamber of Commerce representatives from Baton Rouge … Continue reading
Everybody in the DFW metroplex needs to save this date to attend at 10 am on June 16 or send someone who can….email your reps, church clergy, civic leaders, teachers, nurses… U get the idea!!! to attend. This planning effort … Continue reading
Feeling helpless or plain o’ pissed off at these pictures? Contact your MISD & AISD school board and these business owners to complain that they didn’t complain to their city leaders about sharing heavy industrial air space with schools, entertainment … Continue reading
Texas Health Resources bids farewell to former lady fracker who headed up the Blue Zone “well”ness project
UPDATE…here is a 2011 letter I’m just finding out about where Julie Wilson, X VP of Barnett Shale/Chesapeake is telling people who to vote for that are fracking friendly…. Chesapeake PAC Local Candidate Endorsements May 3, 2011 at 9:55pm … Continue reading
Arlington TX Center Street bridge, the gateway into our Entertainment lung rape District on Dec 17 2013. Here are two photos (one with and one without camera flash) driving towards Ft Worth (gasland) Texas on Interstate 30…we saw two active … Continue reading
update 3/2014…possbily 4…the grandmother just died…will find out where she lived. UPDATE 11/26/2013 !>>>>>Make that THREE related cancers if you count the family pet!!! Below is a video that maps out where the aunt and the niece (who live close to … Continue reading
Will FBI see Arlington’s leadership inconsistantly using state exemptions on Brownfields clean up while also exploiting federal funds on others?
Compliments of the corrupt State of Texas, Arlington requests MSD exemptions for “some” properties to never be cleaned up, but offers federal money to “others” interested in applying for the grant funding…isn’t that called “eco-terrorism”? —– Forwarded Message —- From: kim … Continue reading
UPDATE 9/20/14 Since the Denton Chamber blindly endorsed the frackers, I was reminded about Arlington’s unresponsive Chamber ….Here is a letter (a year earlier than this post) from the Arlington Chamber of Commerce asking council to not approve a fee for … Continue reading