Petition for Safer Urban Drilling
Type Keywords here to seach topic
- Urban Drilling The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- Short-Term Rentals & Urban Drilling = Arlington Nuisance Land Texas
- Plague Outbreak Coinciding with Bone Turning Ritual Parallels Human Quest to Self Exterminate Unearthing Fossil Fuels
- Recently acquired Baker Hughes at risk of GE disposal to focus on RENEWABLES!
- Enchilada Fire Pain in the Hess ….for Gulf Seafood Lovers
Archives to scroll through
10 steps to Safer Drilling
I live at ground zero for urban drilling.
We have about 60 padsites in our 99 sq mile town here in Arlington TX.
Our state and local governement will not enforce these two laws....
1) TEX LG. CODE ANN. A§ 253.005 : Texas Statutes – Section 253.005: LEASE OF OIL, GAS, OR MINERAL LAND
“(c) A well may not be drilled in the thickly settled part of the municipality..”
2. Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 101, Subchapter A,
Rule 101.4, Environmental Quality, Nuisance
No person shall discharge from any source whatsoever one or more
air contaminants or combinations thereof, in such concentration and
of such duration as are or may tend to be injurious to or to adversely
affect human health or welfare, animal life, vegetation, or property, or
as to interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of animal life, vegetation, or property.
We had a drill spill in Lake Arlington, our drinking source, a couple of years ago. We also have about 100 drilling laterals under our lake that are at migration risk for seismic events and or cement failures.
We have had maybe a dozen gas release emission events over the last few years that I am aware of.
The following are the items lacking in our URBAN oil and gas drilling ordinance….................
1. Use electric rigs & and use nondiesel compressors and fracking and lift compressors and compressor stations (but do not use field DIRTY GAS). Blowdowns of compressors whose excess goes to the storage tanks should have Vapor Recovery Systems rather than venting.
2. Video tape ALL cement casing pours when it comes back up to the top through the annulus so that there is proof of an even pour and ensure all wells have electric bond log tests.
3. All drilling mud farming (private & commercial) and brine “road spraying” should routinely test soil and shallow ground water for toxins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTtI94GGd8&feature=player_embedded Brine spraying
4. We need the industry to invent technology to keep the toxic, silica dust on the padsite-those pathetic pillow case looking socks aren’t getting the job done. Ban the use of Hydroflouric Acid.
5. Mandate ventless, emission free flowback tanks by using pressurized flowback tanks instead of open hatch frack tanks....
6. Global Warming isn't waiting 2.5 years for the EPA mandated Green Completions equipment.... no venting ...wait for the pipeline. Ensure condensers are used on glycol units.
7. The pipeline should be in place FIRST before fracturing so that flowback doesn’t sit in the ground for months festering bacterial sulfide growth to sour and damage the well and sicken people.....
8. The setback away from people should be substantial. Rural method drilling is not acceptable in urban areas. An environmental tester who has a Phd said that the health effects are being seen downwind from about 1,800 – 2,500 feet. Local and state gov. need to test for methane leaks with FLIR cameras.
9. Have zero tolerance for underinspected, or faked Waste Disposal Injection Well casing pressure tests. Don't risk eventual migration of toxic fluids into our drinking supplies.....
10. State entities overseeing oil and gas should regulate how close old wells are to new wells....
Lets elect officials that will ensure a protective Oil & Gas Drilling oversight. This is in our “collective” power so we must all become active to be proactive because reactive measures are too costly.
- Arlington TX Endangered Firefighters
- avner vengosh
- baker hughes
- Barnett Shale
- Barnett Shale Air Quality Results
- bottled water
- burkitt leukemia
- Children's Risks to Permanent Brain Damage in Urban Drilling
- city council
- Co-Existing Near Frack Wells
- Dale Henry
- deep direct use
- Dept Of Energy
- DFW Plume
- don jakeway
- drilling mud
- enchanted lakes estates
- endocrine disruption
- flooded drill sites
- frack on crack
- ft worth
- Gulf of Mexico Mishaps
- Health Homeostasis
- impact investing
- Incestuous Job Hopping
- injection wells
- jay doegey
- joe barton
- justin Eaklor
- lake arlington
- lake chalres
- lake charles
- land farming
- Living Where You Poop the Arlington Commmons
- maria carbajal
- Methyl Mercaptan
- michael mcCullough
- MOF Metal Organic Framework
- money grab
- NCTCOG North Central Texas Council of Governments
- no public review
- nueces electric
- Particulate Matter
- Plumbing Issues in the Shale
- progressive supranuclear palsy
- radioactive piping
- Reverse Setback D.R. Horton
- richard rainwater
- Rolling Hills and The Arlington Commons
- rule 36
- Russian Meddling Funding Fractivism Claims
- shut off valve
- statewide rule 36
- storage tank lack of rules
- Strategic Aerial Injection (SAI)
- super capacitator
- Taylor ishee
- TCEQ violators
- The Arlington Experience by City Water Director of Utilities
- tony rutigliano
- TX Oil & Gas Regulators
- water contamination
- water generator
- water pollution
- water world
- Wood Smoke
History of Hell
Tag Archives: flow
NOW I know WHERE some or most of this phenol is coming from…the fracking frac sand is coated with phenol resins! This video is what I stumbled upon when trying to view an average temperature of flowback fluids (in our … Continue reading
UPDATE 12/1/15 —– Forwarded Message —– From: kim feil <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Brett Shipp Cc: Ranjana Bhandari <email@example.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:28 PM Subject: March LABC spill had no operator follow up per Ordinance 5.02 g. Type of Information … Continue reading
What does flowback look like? Heres the video link of these pics…. 8/29/14 UPDATE OSHA/NIOSH/CDC study shows Benzene during flowback exposes workers in higher amounts for those checking gauges on the tanks….what about us fence line people? We need a … Continue reading
That depends on if it was a surface spill (not likely then), or if it was a ground water, migratory, toxic water tresspass. I collect citizen reports on… dead cows….my newest story dated May 2014 is how a cow is … Continue reading
TCEQ responded to my complaint I called in on November 23 2013. Their investigation #1145082 of the Woodland Estates West 12,14 & 16 H drill site also has four other investigative reports…1133201, 1134156, 1123979,& 1123976 of which if you click … Continue reading
Who ever thought that electric compressor stations were appropriate for urban drilling was mistaken…electric compressor stations depend on “electricity from the grid” but also plays a role in “supplying natural gas to the power plants that MAKE electricity for … Continue reading
23 minutes into this video, Arlington resident, Jane Lynn, and the Occupy folks are in this video. The program shows Arlington City Council in a packed house voting on two drill sites of which the Truman/Cowboy Stadium was the big … Continue reading
12/30/2012 update…here is a link http://sore.net.au/952/csg-and-sulphate-reducing-bacteria/ with proof of SRB (sulfate reducing bacteria) whose by product is H2s in Australia….the industry is “well” aware of the steel and cement distruction SRB’s cause in addition to the risk to those breathing … Continue reading
Update as of 1/6/15 I asked to be included in the committee to update our Gas Drilling Ordinance and have NOT heard back and sent out another email today. Update as of 1/16/2013 ….Chesapeake has drilled the last of the … Continue reading